- 2kg Kittow Cattle brisket
- 6 tbsp port
- 10 potatoes
- 1 tsp paprika and a generous pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 carrots
- 1-2 tins of sweetcorn
- Preheat the oven to 150°C
- Place the brisket into a nest of tinfoil so later you can roll it up in a parcel
- Drench the brisket in six tablespoons of port, season with salt and pepper
- Then wrap into a parcel and place in the oven for two hours then turn down to 120°C and continue cooking for another two hours
- Once cooked, leave to cool and refrigerate overnight
- Reserve the juices from the meat for the second part of the recipe
- The next day about an hour before serving, preheat the oven to 200°C , then slice the potatoes into eight triangular shaped wedges
- Now parboil until you can stick a knife through and it slides off easily.
- Dry them off and place onto an oily baking tray. Season well and make sure you cover them in the two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook the wedges for 30 to 40 mins in the preheated oven.
- Wash and peel the carrots
- With a peeler turn the carrots into thin strips.
- Stick a fork into the end of the carrot so it is easier to get all of it peeled.
- Cook sweetcorn
- Whilst cooking sweetcorn slice the brisket into 1 to 2 cm thick slices and fry.(heat to 72° C)
- Steam carrots until tender
- Finally, make gravy with the saved juices